Mark November 7, 2020 on your calendar
2020 promises to be a polo experience like never before! We have redesigned our Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships to be an open-air, social distancing friendly event. Kicking off the festivities is a battle of the sexes match featuring Work To Ride (featured on HBO, ESPN & 60 Minutes) and a National Women’s Polo Team, made possibly by Safeway Albertsons. That’s followed by the all-new Celebrity Cruises Match supporting Southwest Wildlife and Arizona Equine Rescue. The Celebrity Cruises Match will feature Celebrity Cruises Polo Team vs EPR featuring professional polo players John Grobin and Jared Sheldon. Our final match of the day includes Team Arizona Polo Club vs Denver Polo Club.
All day long enjoy Scottsdale Polo Classic traditions, including an acoustic guitar showcase presented by Sanderson Lincoln, The Canine Couture: A Dog Fashion Show Like No Other presented by Lugari Pet Salon, extensive exotic and collector car displays, The World’s Longest Catwalk Fashion Show by Phoenix Fashion Week, tailgating, the Barrett-Jackson Outdoor Polo & Jazz Lounge, the Molina Fine Jewelers VIP Lounge, Sanderson Lincoln Black Label Lounge, and numerous local restaurants and food trucks.
The captain of the Wales Polo Team calls it "the best polo event in the world." The Arizona Republic has called the event “polo for the masses.” And they are right. From the affordable to the exclusive. From the underprivileged to the very privileged. All feel welcome and have a role in creating America’s most-attended polo event.
What's New This Year ...?
The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Presented by Talking Stick Resort has collaborated with local officials, the City of Scottsdale and WestWorld of Scottsdale to offer you a social-distancing friendly event. Some of the health and safety measures we have implemented this year include:
1) Sideline Parking spaces have been increased in number and in size from 8' to 10' with an additional 6’ of separation between spaces.
2) The previously tented sections will be open air with umbrellas and VIP areas will not offer individual ticket sales.
3) Display cars will have a minimum of 6' separation.
4) Reserved seating areas will have 6’ of space to provide a buffer between sections. There will be a minimum of 8' between individual tables.
5) All vendors and activations will be spaced a minimum of 10’ apart.
6) The event, reserved seating areas, and all high traffic areas will have designated entrances and exits, and walkways will be marked with directional arrows to control traffic patterns and prevent congregation.
7) Certification from Healthy Verify, a safety protocol organization including Barrow’s and Arizona State University.
Exciting additional elements for this year include The Celebrity Cruises Match supporting Southwest Wildlife and Arizona Equine Rescue, which will feature the best players of the day.
Work To Ride (featured on HBO, ESPN & 60 Minutes) returns this year other along with Arizona Polo Club, Denver Polo Club, and a National Women's team.
A selection of unique sculptures from acclaimed Valley artist, Pete Deise.
We welcome a new event presence by the Million Dollar Mingle, and its commitment to charitable causes.
To make social distancing even easier at this year’s event, in addition to our open-air, field-side luxury seating options, we are now offering expanded sideline parking, reserved lawn and picnic areas, and even General Admission Lawn seats. In addition to our robust food truck and concessionaire offerings, we’ve also added pre-sale, gourmet picnic boxes for guests to enjoy.
Returning this year are fan favorites the “World’s Longest Runway Fashion Show” - produced by Phoenix Fashion Week, the Canine Couture Dog Fashion Show, a Barrett-Jackson Preview, Arabian Horse Show appearances and Horsepower Displays.