Due to the recent extraordinary events with which we are all familiar, this year’s event has been renamed the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Presented by Talking Stick Resort, a production of the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships, and will include numerous additional safety protocols. As an outdoor event that takes place around a field three times larger than an American football field, we are able to do certain things other places and events are not.
We are committed to taking critical steps to ensure the safety of event participants and spectators, sponsors, staff, contractors, and volunteers while still allowing the fun and beautiful setting that has typified the event since inception. Please find our health and safety guidelines below. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at 480.423.1414 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Scottsdale Approval
The Scottsdale Polo Championships, LLC has worked with the City of Scottsdale, Scottsdale Police Department and Scottsdale Fire Department to secure approval to move forward with the 2020 Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Presented by Talking Stick Resort.
Healthy Verify Certification
The Scottsdale Polo Championships, LLC is proud to have our 2020 Stella Artois Polo Championships: Presented by Ketel One be HealthyVerify Certified. HealthyVerify is the country’s only medically-based, scientific and professional full- service certification company helping to minimize the risk of disease. To learn more about HealthyVerify, please visit www.Healthyverify.com
Social Distancing Measures
The following safety protocols are required based on CDC Guidelines
- Stay home if sick or demonstrating signs of illness – coughing, sneezing, fever. The event reserves the right to remove a person if symptoms are obvious.
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with antibacterial soap, which will be stocked in the restrooms.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw it away.
- Don’t touch your face, eyes nose or mouth at the event
- Keep a safe distance – at least 6 feet away
- No handshakes or high fives
- Wear a mask, unless you are actively eating or drinking
There will be multiple entrances to decrease congestion and guests’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry. We also ask that guests please use paperless admission whenever possible.
Steps taken to reduce contact
- Large tents have been eliminated and open-air seating provided.
- The space between seating areas, sideline parking and attractions has been increased to decrease density.
- All table and chair groupings will be at least 6 feet apart according to CDC restaurant guidelines.
- Open-air and lawn seating options have been increased.
- Guests are encouraged to wear a hat for shade and distancing purposes – the bigger the better!
- All display cars are to be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Each sideline parking spot is now 10 feet wide rather than 8 feet and include an additional 6 feet between cars.
- Sharing of objects will discouraged. This will be achieved by encouraging individual disposable tableware, singe serve condiments, electronic tickets, etc.)
- Vendors will be limited and spaced 10 feet apart.
Higher-Traffic Areas (Restroom and Food Areas)
- Picnic and box lunches are available for purchase for those who wish to increase their distance from others and limit exposure to servers
- Distance place markers will be painted on the grass in front of restrooms, food stations, bars, and anywhere lines forms to designate 6 feet of spacing
- The event has increased cleaning protocols and frequency for food areas, restrooms, and shared surfaces.
- If a guest is exhibiting signs of illness, he or she will be removed from the grounds. We ask guests to also please report any such behavior.
- All attendees will be required to maintain a safe distance (6 feet) from people not in their party. Guests not adhering to social distancing will be removed.
- In past years, 80% of our attendees were from the Phoenix area. We anticipate even fewer out of town guests. We have done our best to secure polo teams and players from the local area.
- All attendees, staff, and contractors will be required to wear a mask unless inside their vehicle, or actively eating or drinking. Guests that refuse to wear a mask will not be permitted entrance to the event or if already admitted will be asked to leave. Staff, security and a volunteer safety posse will be monitoring attendees for adherence to social distancing and mask guidelines.
- All vendors will be required to adhere to CDC guidelines for health and safety. All vendor staff must wear facemasks while onsite. Each vendor will be required to submit their own event specific operations plan to define how they will create a safe environment, including cleaning, sanitizing, maintaining a safe distance, and offering reduced contact transactions.
- Both portables and onsite permanent restrooms will be utilized during the event. Individual portable restroom will be staged at socially safe distances from one another. Permanent restroom facility capacity will be reduced. The ground will be marked every 6 feet to provide a guide for proper distancing.
Hand Sanitizers /Cleaning Protocols
- The event will adhere to CDC recommended cleaning protocols and sanitation standards.
- Hand sanitizers will be stationed around the field for guest use, with additional dispensers in high traffic areas (food, restrooms, registration, etc.).
- Attendees, vendors and contractors will be emailed all required policies and procedures prior to the event.
- The event will post signage that reiterates health and safety standards, as well as create ground markers displaying 6 feet increments for guests to safely stand in line high traffic areas (food, restrooms, registration, etc.).
Performers / Teams
- Performers and Team members will have their temperatures checked and be required to wear a mask before taking the field and during their activities. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will not be allowed onsite.
CDC Guidelines and references – To learn more about the CDC Guidelines, please refer to the links below:
- COVID-19 list of symptoms and CDC symptom checker, please click here.
- CDC’s recent large gathering recommendations, click here.
- Recommendations for outdoor dining and food handling, please click here.
- CDC cleaning and disinfecting recommendations, please click here.
In the event of poor weather or new government restrictions on November 7th festivities will take place on Sunday, November 8th. If poor weather or restrictions are present that day the event will take place on April 17, 2021. If the April date also has poor weather or restrictions the event will take place the next day on Sunday, April 18, 2021. If that date also has inclement weather or restrictions all ticket, sideline parking and table purchases shall be applied to the Fall 2021 Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships. In the event it does not take place full refunds shall be provided.
Please note by purchasing these tickets you and all of your guests, as a ticket purchaser, acknowledge that you are voluntarily attending the event, will adhere to social distancing policies, and assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. The Scottsdale Polo Championships, WestWorld of Scottsdale, City of Scottsdale and associated parties assume no risk.