You already knew October 24th was going to be a blast as The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships returns to WestWorld of Scottsdale for its 5th Anniversary. But here are 9 Hot Elements that may get you even more excited to get the seats you want, or even the best seats in the house.
1) For the first time a High-Tea Tent will be on-site, courtesy of the internationally-renowned Phoenician Resort.
2) Hot Guy. Cool Club. The Aspen Valley Polo Club will be making its event debut, taking on the two-time defending champions from Wales in the featured match. Owned by the Ganzi’s, one of America’s most well known polo families, the team will be led by polo star and GQ model Nic Roldan. This will mark the return of Roldan who helped accelerate the event’s growth with his appearance in 2012.
3) Cool sounds courtesy of the Phoenix Symphony as one of its quartets will play during a chukker (period of play) while all other sound is turned off, creating memorable moments of elegance.
4) Ballroom dancing, field-side. Stay tuned for more details!
5) Picasso Print in the house. Along with some 250 other works as part of the incomparably Larsen Art Auction. Your ticket gains you bidding rights at their art auction tent at the west end of the field. There’s nothing quite like it in the art world with pieces ranging from $1,000 to $200,000. Think Barrett-Jackson, but art.
6) This year will also see the debut of new polo teams from Cabo, Mexico and San Diego.
7) Ricky Returns! Ricky Cooper is the Captain of the Clogau Wales Polo Team, our two-time defending champions. There has been no better world-wide ambassador for our event, which is why we made him an inaugural inductee into ourHall of Fame this year.
8) The Canine Couture is back! Last year we introduced this dog fashion show like no other with Applewood Pet Resort & Bark Avenue. What will they all wear this year?
9) And if you haven’t enjoyed the amazing cars courtesy of Barrett-Jackson, presentations by the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, VIP experience in the Molina Fine Jeweler’s Tent or the party atmosphere in the Heineken Pavilion stick around after the matches are over for a clinic by the Arizona Polo Club and learn the basics of the sport and how you can enjoy the sport of kings on the field rather than off of it in future years.
For all table, tent & ticketing information please go to www.ThePoloParty.com or call us at 480.423.1414.
See you October 24th at WestWorld of Scottsdale!
The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Horses & Horsepower